The Standard Carbon Handset features a high-quality receiver and standard Carbon microphone. The handset is constructed of durable ABS plastic combined with a high strength stainless cord and steel lanyard. Ideal for locations prone to vandalism and compatible with most Carbon-based telephone devices.
Each handset consist of the following elements:
- Handset type: Standard Receiver and Standard Carbon Transmitter
- Handset handle and cap material: ABS
- Wiring: Four 24 gauge Teflon insulated wires (2 for receiver, 2 for transmitter), with single modular plug (Optional 4 spade conductors)
- Armored Cord Assembly.: 304 Stainless Steel, Interlock style. Inside Diameter, 0.250", 6.350mm. Outside Diameter, 0.329", 8.357mm. Linear Pull Test Load, 1000 lbs., 454 kg
- Includes steel lanyard which is anchored to handset handle. Steel lanyard has a pull test load of approx. 550 lbs, 250 kgs.
- Optional colors available, please inquire.
- Other Components: lanyard block retainer; anti-rotation wedge; transmitter holder; blue rubber grommet to seal handset/cord connection
- DC Resistance at 20 degress C : 145 ± 15 ohm
- Frequency Response Range: 300-3400 Hz
- Sensitivity: 100 ± 2 dB at 60mv
- Impedance: 150 ± 30 ohm at 1 KHz
Standard Carbon Transmitter:
- Type : Carbon Granule
- Response Range: 300-3400 Hz
- Moveable Resistance : 25-80
Custom colors, cord lengths, microphones and wire terminal/plugs are available depending on details and volume. Call 1-800-884-4835 or fill out the contact us form to inquire about custom handsets or volume quotes.
4-pin modular connectors are supplied with most handsets at no additional cost, while supplies last. Certain handset variants which require modular connectors may require an upcharge
Handset caps are sealed with high-strength epoxy adhesive prior to shipping, unless otherwise requested.